Sunday, April 14, 2013

Self Assessment and Tracking Scores

There is so much research to show the connection between student achievement and tracking goals. In our classroom, we work with our students to assess themselves regularly. Sometimes it's just holding up a simple 1,2,3, or 4 fingers to show understanding and sometimes it's a written reflection. Having the same language is critical to understanding so we find these posters to be helpful.











We also work to have students track their goals.  I just created this sheet as a way for students to track their progress on assessments.  This is totally aligned to the standards and I am excited to start this with my class next year!  Just click on the images to print these freebies for your classroom!

A quick shout out to The Primary Playground for the ice cream clipart and  Miss N for the cute bubble frame!

 How do you encourage self-assessment and reflection in your classroom?

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have my students assess themselves at the end of our units and quarters, but not for each standard. Thanks for sharing!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how even my first grades can start thinking about whether they have achieved their learning goals. Your visuals are going to help my students even more. Thanks!
    http://www.firstgradeadventureinteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete