It's hard to believe that we are already planning for the end of the year. Four weeks left! Four. Weeks. That's only 20 days...but who's counting?
I love to make sure the last few weeks of school are memorable for students, especially the last day. Here are a few things I love to do...
1. Have each student create a memory book about the year. It is a great keepsake for them and their parents love it!
2. Give each child a special award recognizing their accomplishments. This year, I plan to go big and roll out the red carpet (aka red butcher paper) during this celebration.
3. Have each student complete a "top ten things about third grade." This is great feedback to know which projects were the most memorable and it's a great thing to hang in the hallway for back to school night next fall.
4. Show each kid how to make a tie-dye t-shirt and get signatures from their classmates. It's the easiest thing in the world and I see kids wearing them for years afterward.
5. Write a special note to parents thanking them for their support this year.
Here is a freebie you might like for your end of year celebrations. I have created a t-shirt themed end of year pack and a super hero themed end of year pack. If you like these ideas, check it out. It's only $3.00.
What great things do you do on your last day of school?