1. Twitter. It’s a great way to learn new tips and tricks and get some great ideas for the school year. Not sure who to follow? Check out this link of the top 60 educators on Twitter.
2. Teacher blogs. Teachers from all over the world share their best ideas and links. Check out this list of the top 100 teacher blogs to follow.
3. Pinterest. Think of this as an online bulliten board to pin ideas and things you love. Start by checking out the top 15 board to follow for teachers.
4. Classroon 2.0 is an online community of educators offering forums, links, and more.
5. Teachertube is an amazing resource of videos detailing lessons and professional development opportunities.
6. Teachers pay Teachers has a wealth of free and inexpensive lessons and teacher resources. If you choose to become a seller, the community forum is a great place to connect with other educators.
7. Looking to connect globally? Epals is the site for you. Take some time this summer to explore all this site has to offer including global projects, forums and even an opportunity to connect with pen pals for your class.
8. Youtube for teachers. Teachers from all over the world are posing lesson ideas and video tips on this safer version of Youtube.
9. Teachability is another teacher community website to help you connect with teachers across the nation and the world.
10. Want more? Check out the top 25 social media sites for teachers.