Tuesday, June 24, 2014

IFTTT


One of my personal goals this summer is to put technology to work for me.  As teachers, there are so many tools available to us, it's overwhelming!   As a teacher-trainer, let me share one of my new favorites...

IFTTT stands for if that, then this. The basic premise is that if you do one thing web-based, then another thing automatically happens. You start by adding channels. Things like your phone number, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. are called channels. Then you link the channels to a recipe and just like that you have made life easier. This one is my favorites (I am signing the hubs up with this one tonight!) IFTTT Recipe: Text my wife when I leave work connects android-location to android-sms


Here are some of my other favorite recipes, but be sure to check out the site. There are so many! IFTTT Recipe: Unmute my phone when I get home connects android-location to android-device IFTTT Recipe: Mute my ringer at bedtime connects date-time to android-device IFTTT Recipe: Mute my device during meetings connects google-calendar to android-device IFTTT Recipe: If you post a link on Facebook this Recipe will also tweet it automatically connects facebook to twitter IFTTT Recipe: Add a link on Facebook when you add to your Blog connects blogger to facebook
What recipe would you use?

5 comments:

  1. I think it is about time that you and I connected. I'd really like to talk to you about some of the points you've discussed here.
    You remind me of my best friend back in New Hampshire.|I simply must tell you that your write ups are really valuable.|I wants to be a master in this field.
    I just stumbled on your article.|I have just learned new insights because of your website.|Found you while on Website and I'm so happy I did.|I will be a regular visitor to your site ongoing.
    A lot of things to take into consideration.|I have used both of them and I reall오피

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

    바카라

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I simply say what a comfort to find somebody that truly understands what they are talking about on the web. You definitely understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you are not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.
    슬롯추천

    >wep<

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is interesting for students. These points are really impressive about teachers. Keep sharing your content with us. Now it's time to get Vfix services https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing way to tell the kids about the difference between IF and THEN This That. I will also try this with my kids. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really appreciate that. Now it's time to avail Outbound Call Center Services for more information.

    ReplyDelete