Tuesday, June 24, 2014

IFTTT


One of my personal goals this summer is to put technology to work for me.  As teachers, there are so many tools available to us, it's overwhelming!   As a teacher-trainer, let me share one of my new favorites...

IFTTT stands for if that, then this. The basic premise is that if you do one thing web-based, then another thing automatically happens. You start by adding channels. Things like your phone number, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. are called channels. Then you link the channels to a recipe and just like that you have made life easier. This one is my favorites (I am signing the hubs up with this one tonight!) IFTTT Recipe: Text my wife when I leave work connects android-location to android-sms


Here are some of my other favorite recipes, but be sure to check out the site. There are so many! IFTTT Recipe: Unmute my phone when I get home connects android-location to android-device IFTTT Recipe: Mute my ringer at bedtime connects date-time to android-device IFTTT Recipe: Mute my device during meetings connects google-calendar to android-device IFTTT Recipe: If you post a link on Facebook this Recipe will also tweet it automatically connects facebook to twitter IFTTT Recipe: Add a link on Facebook when you add to your Blog connects blogger to facebook
What recipe would you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment